Invisalign iTero Impressionless Scanning
Let’s face it— it’s not easy to stop your gag reflex when getting a goop-filled dental impression made!
Thankfully, old-school impressions are no longer the only option. With state-of-the-art technology making a great—and comfortable—first impression with the iTero scanner has never been easier. No more trays and putty impressions!
The iTero scanner allows Dr. Taylor to take a digital impression—a highly accurate, digital 3D image of the individual characteristics of your teeth and gum tissue. The iTero scanner is all about keeping you comfortable while delivering precise imagery, without the goop or gagging associated with conventional impressions. The digital scan is then used to create your Invisalign treatment plan to deliver the beautiful smile of your dreams!
The benefits of the iTero scan are many.
1. You will have a much better experience now that Invisalign treatment no longer requires impression.
– no gagging
– no gooey mess associated with impression materials
– no unpleasant taste
– shorter appointment than impressions
– results in faster delivery times of your Invisalign treatment plan and aligners
2. The iTero scan produces a more accurate impression with more detail.
– more accurate than impressions
– produces better fitting aligners
– eliminates the need to retake impressions multiple times
– results in better treatment outcome
3. The iTero scan is safe
– does not expose you to radiation
– uses a laser to generate the images