Here are some things that one woman felt were important for others who are considering Invisalign to know before making the commitment.
We encourage you to watch the full video below, but here are some of the points we gleaned from her testimonial in short:
- Don’t go to the cheapest provider you can find. Go to the best one. It’s a major investment of your valuable time and money, so do it right or don’t do it at all.
- It’s a process, it’s not easy or always comfortable. You need to be prepared to go through it.
- You need to wear them at least 22 hours per day.
- Don’t snack or limit snacking through the day. Each time you eat you will take your trays out, eat, brush your teeth and put them back in. So you aren’t going to want to do that 15 times a day. Limit your snacking because of this.
- Avoid red wine or other things that will stain your teeth unless you brush your teeth right afterwards.
- Flossing is also really important, recommending 2 or 3 times per day that you also floss.
- Take care of your aligners. Rinse them off well before putting them back on. Best to use a non-alcoholic mouthwash to clean them.
- It’s a commitment, don’t start it if you aren’t going to finish it.
- Wear your retainers at the end of your treatment to make sure your teeth fully settle into place or you may lose the gains you made.
- Despite the extra trouble you may go through, Invisalign can give you a beautiful smile for the rest of your life! Is it worth it? Hell YES!!!
To get the full explanation of her tips, listen to her video.